Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth – Pupil Deprivation Grant Statement.
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been’ looked after’ continuously for more than six months (LAC). Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will bring about changes quickly for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC. As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
To identify the target groups of pupils, their characteristics and learning needs
To plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
To monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2017-18, Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth was provided with a PDG allocation of £82,800. At Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding. We have used the available funding to:
- enhance teaching and learning by providing programmes of support
- provide sustainable intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact.
- refine data tracking systems to identify these learners’ needs
- improve attendance rates of targeted pupils
- develop leadership capacity to monitor the progress of improvement plans and measure their impact on groups of pupils